Rushmon Homes operates a continually developing environmental strategy, which is constantly reviewed as our awareness and knowledge of climate change increases, and as technology improves.
The majority of our projects are built on brownfield sites which essentially means that our homes are built on recycled land. We firmly believe that we enhance the local area, replacing the inefficient buildings previously occupying the site, with new homes that are far more efficient, with less of an impact on the environment.
We take a pride in our work to improve, regenerate and update our villages and towns, and to build in harmony with local surroundings to create better working and living environments for our purchasers.
We strive to achieve a lower carbon footprint on the environment from the homes we build, and we fully support the aims of the Government in working towards zero carbon homes in the future.
We care and understand that our purchasers want to live in homes built to the latest standards in respect of energy efficiency, and therefore double-glazed windows, cavity wall insulation, roof insulation and underfloor insulation are all provided as standard. We also provide dual flush WC systems and spray taps in all of our developments, to save water, as well as low energy lighting to most rooms. Where possible, we use "A" rated kitchen appliances, for their energy efficiency.
Some of the other energy efficient features we have provided in our developments have included:
- Solar panels to provide electric for the communal lighting and power
- Heat recovery systems
- Recycling demolition materials
- Solar panels to provide hot water for homes
- Cycle stores – encouraging less use of the motor car
- Rainwater butts for garden watering
- Sustainable drainage systems (SUDS)
- All timber used in our homes comes from renewable sources, and our suppliers are members of PEFC and FSC
- Where possible, we use local materials suppliers, labour and subcontractors
- Where possible, using locally made bricks and roof tiles.
- Other environmental and ecological features:
- Bat boxes
- Recycling facilities
As you can see, we at Rushmon Homes are doing a great deal to preserve and care for the environment we live in, one which we hope will bring joy to the future generations to come.